I was proud of the simple fact that I somehow avoided a major embarrassment in this moment.
Guys will never understand the joy of having your period a week before you travel.
1. I have never written a central female character who was described as thin other than Lindsey Lee Wells. Also, Margo and Q are two of the only white-identified people I’ve written, so I don’t really know how to respond to that part of your statement.
2. I do not cast the movie adaptations of my books. I am a novelist, not a casting director. I did not choose who would play Margo anymore than I choose where the movie will be filmed or what the budget or soundtrack will be.
3. That said, I think Cara will do a wonderful job as Margo. As I’ve learned in the past few hours, a lot of people who don’t know Cara have extremely strong opinions about her as a person, which is weird, because they don’t know her. They have a lot of opinions about her body, too, especially its supposed inadequacies. Cara is living, on a much larger stage, the Margo Roth Spiegelman experience: She receives massive amounts of attention but she’s more a mirror than a window. The way people respond to her seems to be a reflection of one’s own experience and worldview more than it has anything to do with the actual person Cara is. I think this is part of why Cara’s audition was so powerful: Her understanding of Margo is deep and profound and about a lot more than the shape of her body.
I can’t decide if Taylor or Nikki’s reaction is better
Can we talk about the guy way in the back though?
No, we can’t fucking talk about either of those things. What we can talk about, though, is the fact that things like this are the reason that:
- her new album has few love songs
- she told Rolling Stone that she doesn’t date anymore
- she finds it necessary to make fun of herself every chance she gets
- why “Shake it Off” exists
- why she DOESN’T DATE ANYMORE
- why she refuses to date even though it’s her own personal life
- did i mention that she doesn’t allow herself to date anymore lol
This isn’t funny. This is fucking disgusting. Sure, she looks like she’s shrugging it off like a joke. I get that it’s a joke. So does she. But do people not understand that Taylor Alison Swift’s entire future is basically ruined? She has dated six people in her entire eight year career. Six. Not fifteen in the last year. Not twelve. Not six people in eight months. Six people in eight YEARS. Still, though, she seems to get slammed for it by every media outlet, by every award show host, by every country music fan, by every One Direction fan, by every person who reads any magazine where they pull information out of their asses to get money. They have no problem ruining someone’s reputation for money.
Taylor Swift is a twenty-four year old girl who will eventually need someone to spend the rest of her life with. How is that going to happen now? Not only does Taylor get bashed, but any male she is seen with gets bashed. Taylor could be seen with her brother and get slammed for having a new boyfriend. Sorry, HollywoodLife, but I don’t think Taylor’s very much into incest.
Whoever decides to date Taylor is going to get shit on by magazines and people everywhere. “Haha, bro, watch out. She might write a song about you” will probably be the end to every article about her future boyfriend and her relationship. Maybe some man out there will be able to brush that off, but what the fuck?
A twenty-four year old girl with a heart of absolute gold shouldn’t be forced to go through that. She is trying to live her dream while leaving the greatest impact on the world she possibly can, and now she has to control what she released, who she dates, who she’s seen with, and basically just control every single little aspect of her life. I get that it’s the life of a celebrity, but take Adam Levine for example. He’s a great guy. He’s also idolized by women everywhere. He’s had more girlfriends in his career than Taylor. Do you hear about that?
Get rid of the double standard; let Taylor Swift live her life without the rumors, the jokes, and the hate. As someone who Taylor has impacted positively, it’s just really fucking annoying.
You know when you’re in class with someone who has no idea what the fuck they’re talking about? That’s what being a Taylor Swift fan is like, everywhere. Turn on the TV, false information. Open a magazine, false information. Scroll through Twitter, false information.
Instead of making jokes about Taylor’s relationship-life, why don’t they make fun of her for, I don’t know, something harmless? Tell her she’s addicted to Instagram because she is sometimes seen up at 4 in the morning commenting paragraph upon paragraph of comforting messages to tweens who are dealing with things they don’t know how to deal with.
I’m not really a taylor swift fan but thank you for this :]
me as hell ready for fall
"this ones big..and this one, this one is really big… and the last one? this last one is so big"
This made me laugh so hard. Of course they are giving out tissues with this movie….
Oh good Lord.
It’s so infuriating how Michael Brown, a seventeen year old boy who was brutally murdered, gets “he was no angel” in his fucking obituary but joan rivers who literally wished an entire group of people death gets a week of mourning and footage of her working at soup kitchens a billion years ago